My Yellow Candy Hogfish Experience

EvanDeVita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I’ve read a whole lot about Candy Hogfish, and I’d like to tell everyone about my person experience! Most people have found that their candy hogfish are extremely aggressive- especially toward wrasses. My experience was far different.
I had a 30 gallon IM NUVO long, stocked with a female ornate leopard wrasse, two designer clownfish (both territorial with separate anemones), and a pajama Cardinalfish when I got the fish. The fish is and had been perfect for the past two months.
I have since then added an orchid dottyback and a tailspot Blenny, and haven’t seen any aggression whatsoever.
Bottom line is: if you are careful to add fish in accordance to aggression, even fish that are said to be aggressive can be perfect community fish.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all down to the individual fish, you can never guarantee what they will be like, but thanks for the heads up on this one,

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it works out for you. Mine was great for the better part of a year and then became... "The worst fish I ever had", and my tank is almost 22 years old...
+1... now on my list of ‘ Never Again’ fish!

Back