My zoa dominant 40b

definitionofreal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Messages
234
Reaction score
53
Location
Sarasota, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started this tank a few months ago as an upgrade from a 30 that had been overrun with pulsing xenia. I was mainly planning on keeping sps with a few nice zoas and lps. While setting this up I was also battling aptasia in my 80g. Long story short, the aptasia was winning the war. So I decided to use this as a hospital/storage for all my coral while I'm dealing with that problem. On to the good tank at hand. Everything used in this build, were just things I had laying around. The tank is an aqueon 40g breeder. For the overflow I used a pf1000 rated for op to 200g. The sump is just an old acrylic 20g wet/dry that I changed up a bit by removing the bio balls and placing the skimmer along with some rock in that section to reduce bubbles. The skimmer is a asm mini g. The skimmer and sump will be getting an upgrade soon. The pump is a mag drive 7 pushing a dual return. For lighting I used a 165w full spectrum led and a 2 bulb t5 with ati blue+.
 
Here's some progression pics of the start

1449560361973.jpg


1449560379040.jpg


1449560404877.jpg


1449560416976.jpg


1449560469787.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new