My Zoas ignore ReefRoids - What else?

LaxFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use BRS reef chili and Benepets powder. As well as American reef HPD powder that i mix with hot water then freeze flat in a ziplock bag. I then break off chunks and put them on a veggie clip
8143A366-DD19-4795-8BD7-1AB683F1FE2B.jpeg
I love that gsp on the bottom! I am setting up a new tank with sand but I wonder if there’s any way I can do that in a section..

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I appreciate the vid

My problem is my 6ft DT has hundreds of polyps. Your method of an eyedropper carefully placing roids on each head would take me 2hrs.

I have 24in long feeder tube with a suction ball at the end. It'll push out food fairly strategically but not as precise as an eyedropper.

Just look for food where I squirter a cloud over the zoas and it trickles down and the zias reeeeeeally respond

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they're not eating? They don't have to close up to capture small particles like reef roads. Many corals use their mucus to collect such particles and that gets sucked into the mouth slowly. You can only see this process with a good macro lens and a timelapse. Otherwise you'd have to compare growth with and without feedimg.
I agree. Only some of my zoas actually close up when hit with food. Some stay completely open but if you look closely you'll see that are eating. You can see their mouths open a bit and slowly suck in the food.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just looking for smthg that can become liquid and I squirter it, the zoas ingest it and populate. Too much to ask?

i mean I'll spend the $40-$50 a bottle of OysterFeast or ROE if thst means I can feed zoas into really spreading.

iI just don't want to be a
FOOL spending lots of money on OF or ROE when I could find smthg I can mix and make myself for $10/bottle not $50

FYI, No need to spend $50 on this.
Omega One sells oyster eggs in frozen cubes for like $8. Check your LFS.
Omega One Frozen Oyster Eggs

Just thaw out and use a turkey baster or feeding tube/syringe to feed your zoas.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to ipsf.com and order coral heaven , it’s broadcast feed and everything closes up after even my zoa colonies

1B4154F1-1110-4CCA-858A-D8FA51DA8D4A.jpeg

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make some thick kalkwasser paste and squirt a little on the oral disk. I guarantee it will react. ;)
I just want to make sure everyone understands this was a joke and not to actually feed your zoas kalkwasser paste.

fluked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to make sure everyone understands this was a joke and not to actually feed your zoas kalkwasser paste.

Kalkwasser paste is basically what aptasia x is right?
I'm target feeding brown pest palys aptasia x, some of them have been covered like 3 times and still won't go away

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back