My

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Anyone have tips on how best to introduce a Zebrasoma desjardinii to an aquarium with a Zebrasoma xanthurum?
You’re asking for war . I had both and desjardini was irate. It panned out for a little while but started again and had to let the desjardini go
Isolation box or similar for existing tang for 1-2 weeks offers best chance

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks size is everything. If you have a big enough tank, then food have to be plenty. This will really reduce the aggressiveness of the tangs. When you first put the new tangs in, put a large mirror on the front glass. This will occupies the resident tang and let the other fish acclimated better.

OP
OP
Smogenreefer

Smogenreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re asking for war . I had both and desjardini was irate. It panned out for a little while but started again and had to let the desjardini go
Tanks size is everything. If you have a big enough tank, then food have to be plenty. This will really reduce the aggressiveness of the tangs. When you first put the new tangs in, put a large mirror on the front glass. This will occupies the resident tang and let the other fish acclimated better.
Ok i think i Will Walt but thanks

OP
OP
Smogenreefer

Smogenreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks size is everything. If you have a big enough tank, then food have to be plenty. This will really reduce the aggressiveness of the tangs. When you first put the new tangs in, put a large mirror on the front glass. This will occupies the resident tang and let the other fish acclimated better
ok thanks

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually keep a Yellow, Purple and Red Sea Sailfin all together in a 90 gal tank before for 2 years before. It was when I was a very new reefer. I would not do this again now. As I remembered it, they were fine, no disease and all there were fat and happy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back