Mystery coral ID

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Messages
5,878
Reaction score
24,774
Location
Idaho
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello, this mystery booger was included in my bag for free when I was picking out a few empty hermit crab shells. I asked the associate what it was he said he didn't know but tossed it in the bag. There was a type of soft coral in the same tank, so I thought I'd start here in this section for ID.

At the store, it was totally smooth. Just a little booger stuck to a rock about an inch or so big. The coral is about the size of a pea. After about 2 hours in my tank, this little dude starts opening up. So excited. Any idea what it is so I can give it proper care?

First pictures are in full whites for clarity, last pic in blues. In full blue it appears to have green/yellow colors on the tips.

20210717_080308.jpg 20210717_080255.jpg 20210716_151806.jpg
 
Baby Kenyii tree coral which is a leather
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new