Mystery dead flameback

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from work today and found out my flameback is dead, I dont know why hes dead judging from his corpse that he doesnt seems to be beaten up by anything, anything else is doing fine and he was doing fine 5 hours ago. Hes a juv in a 40 gal w 2 clowns, 1 ruby wrasse, ywm, pistol shrimp.
Salinity 1.025
Nitrite 0
Nitrate, 20
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.4
Temp 75

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came home from work today and found out my flameback is dead, I dont know why hes dead judging from his corpse that he doesnt seems to be beaten up by anything, anything else is doing fine and he was doing fine 5 hours ago. Hes a juv in a 40 gal w 2 clowns, 1 ruby wrasse, ywm, pistol shrimp.
Salinity 1.025
Nitrite 0
Nitrate, 20
Ammonia 0
Ph 8.4
Temp 75

How long did you have it?

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns could have killed it. What type of clowns?

Did you acclimate it to DT?
I was thinking the clowns may killed it, but on his body it doesnt look like he got injured, sorry I dont have a picture. I have a pair of mocha storm clowns and I did acclimated him to the DT

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only things I can think of that could kill that quickly without injury would be ammonia (which probably isn't the case since your clowns are ok) or natural causes like stroke, heart attack, etc

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I've had a pygmy before and it died randomly just like this one out of the blue, everything else in my tank is doing well including my bta, I supposed itll be the first thing to react of something goes wrong with the water not the angel.

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only things I can think of that could kill that quickly without injury would be ammonia (which probably isn't the case since your clowns are ok) or natural causes like stroke, heart attack, etc
Do you think he got killed by the pistol shrimp? If it got punch by that shrimp, would it leave a mark?

mdcmonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think he got killed by the pistol shrimp? If it got punch by that shrimp, would it leave a mark?

My pistol shrimp scurries back into his hole anytime something other than the YWMG is near him. I’d say he is very unlikely the problem.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back