Mystery fish

Nitheesh H N

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
IMG_20180304_201142.jpg

Needed help identifying this fish (not the damsel) that my LFS sent over instead of another critter that I had asked for. Attaching pics for reference. It seems to be quite docile in the week that it has been in the tank. Was initially very shy and hid in the rock outcrop for a few days. Now it swims out more often and likes to hang out with my fire shrimp. It looks like some kind of cardinal, but I can't seem to find any similar fish on the web. Was hoping you guys could help me out on this

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
IMG_20180304_201142.jpg

Needed help identifying this fish (not the damsel) that my LFS sent over instead of another critter that I had asked for. Attaching pics for reference. It seems to be quite docile in the week that it has been in the tank. Was initially very shy and hid in the rock outcrop for a few days. Now it swims out more often and likes to hang out with my fire shrimp. It looks like some kind of cardinal, but I can't seem to find any similar fish on the web. Was hoping you guys could help me out on this
#reefsquad any id on this little guy? Almost looks like some sort of chromis

OP
OP
Nitheesh H N

Nitheesh H N

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A picture with less blue would help.
Sorry for that. Here's a clearer picture with little more whites

IMG_20180308_212543.jpg

Looks like a apogon cathetogramma cardinalfish. Here is a picture of one
Screenshot_20180308-105239.jpg

Looks almost exactly like this one. I think you've identified it. Thank you for the help!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back