N-DOC Triton results questions.

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No real issues. I do think there may be some darker coloring to my sps, but at the same time I agree that 11 ppm NO3 is not all that high. Some slight algae on live rock here and there, but nothing major at all. And I sometimes think my acros aren't growing as fast as they should be, but that's always hard to pin down.

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dan_P can you please elaborate on how to understand the ratio data they provide in the N-DOC test? For example, they have one that is N-C-P, which is 3 separate measures, but instead of getting numbers in that form (x:y:Z) I get a slider scale with a single arrow pointing at it. I have no idea how to interpret something like that! lol
Thanks in advance!

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dan_P can you please elaborate on how to understand the ratio data they provide in the N-DOC test? For example, they have one that is N-C-P, which is 3 separate measures, but instead of getting numbers in that form (x:y:Z) I get a slider scale with a single arrow pointing at it. I have no idea how to interpret something like that! lol
Thanks in advance!
The nutrient ratio data section appears to be just a repeat of the data above it. Besides ,they can’t give you a ratio because the do not know P, only C and N. I would ignore it.

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nutrient ratio data section appears to be just a repeat of the data above it. Besides ,they can’t give you a ratio because the do not know P, only C and N. I would ignore it.
Yeah they ask you to enter your own P (or PO4) and NO3 values based on your own testing at home, then those data plus what they've measured are all used to generate these ratio. But then the ratio is presented as a bar with green, yellow and red and no further indication of which value(s) is putting it in the red....

Thanks again for all your help!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back