OP
OP
NickyReefs

NickyReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Randy, But im wondering what is using the nitrate and phosphate that you are dosing, you say you have corals but none of them are really doing stellar.
Couple nice size zoa colonys... couple gonis mushrooms..not a huge overall amount of corals... the softies do really well just the lps/sps slowly die.

I do have a very rather larger GSP growing on my back wall.. it's huuuuuuge I'm wondering if that's what's consuming all my n03 and p04?

OP
OP
NickyReefs

NickyReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If nothing changes, the nitrate need will remain. The phosphate need will potentialyl reduce as the rock and sand gets more phosphate bound to it. When both are needed, feedign more is also a good option.

I do feed pretty heavily as it... my question for you is that I have a huuuge amount of gsp growing on my back wall/overflow... could that be potentially consuming all my n03/p04?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do feed pretty heavily as it... my question for you is that I have a huuuge amount of gsp growing on my back wall/overflow... could that be potentially consuming all my n03/p04?

Most growing photosynthetic organisms will take up N and P (usually from the water, but if it eats particulates, those can supply N and P as well), and the faster it grows the more it takes up. :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back