Not open for further replies.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have but didn't finish it yet! ;Facepalm

Get in gear man.. lol. years ago when I was keeping fish I found they helped a lot with some fish, also would used dividers I made from egg crate to section off my tanks, I sometimes would keep lights off for a day or so and I found leaning a mirror across tank would really put my tangs in a tizzy ;Troll giving the new guy a chance to settle before they focused on him. A lot of times after "flashing" at themselves in the mirror for hours they will lose interest or forget about the newcomer ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get in gear man.. lol. years ago when I was keeping fish I found they helped a lot with some fish, also would used dividers I made from egg crate to section off my tanks, I sometimes would keep lights off for a day or so and I found leaning a mirror across tank would really put my tangs in a tizzy ;Troll giving the new guy a chance to settle before they focused on him. A lot of times after "flashing" at themselves in the mirror for hours they will lose interest or forget about the newcomer ;)

I have used a mirror in the past and it worked really well.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the cbb has been grazing well, scopas scopas decided to be a male chicken again so doors were shifted, the fff watches! :)

DSC_0006 (1024x665).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"How was your day Simon?"

... insert pause so people can grab a drink, popcorn or have a wee!

So, the cbb is fine! :)

I took the rock out of their cave late morning, the scopas' seemed cool, a couple of darts at the cbb.
The cbb was settling well, I replenished it's food rock with a pellet of easy Mastick.
This is from across the room, I think I am getting there with feeding it.

I opened the door and let the flame angel back in, she was more than slightly miffed, she had a couple of big darts at the cbb and then gave up.
When it is left alone it is foraging well, as at typing this there is an uneasy truce! ;)

DSC_0002 (912x637).jpg DSC_0003 (833x605).jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet,the cbb are quick and slick swimmers once they get familiar with home ;)
Yes very pretty, sleek and fast swimmers. Mine are housed alone and both have a 64 gallon res to themselves at the moment. Took about a week to get over the shyness. But my wife has trained them to eat from chopsticks :)
Awesome fish all they do is work.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3936EE0B-5FED-4C13-812B-C61858FAC0F7.gif
C0A6A78F-D36B-44E3-97EF-42554CF25B4F.gif
F88D8C9D-B29B-4F82-9020-1DAC1B1A84F9.gif
couldn't find an emoji for wee'ing ;)
sweet,the cbb are quick and slick swimmers once they get familiar with home ;)
Yes very pretty, sleek and fast swimmers. Mine are housed alone and both have a 64 gallon res to themselves at the moment. Took about a week to get over the shyness. But my wife has trained them to eat from chopsticks :)
Awesome fish all they do is work.

Today was a bit calmer, ... until I let the flame back in, the scopas' appear to have settled a bit.
The swim through is net blocked and the flame is in the cube again.
Cbb s fine.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The swim through is still blocked, I have to pop out in a bit but will try the flame again later.
The cbb almost got adventurous earlier, well 4 or 5 inches from it's corner, the scopas put it back in it's corner!
The yellow scopas actually went and had a swim by the cbb earlier with no chasing.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe the flame gave up so easily. Im starting to think juvenile cbbs are the ones that are high risk. Every adolescent and matured cbb ive seen introduced rarely had an issue.

If i get one, it will be 4" minimum on intro.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant believe the flame gave up so easily. Im starting to think juvenile cbbs are the ones that are high risk. Every adolescent and matured cbb ive seen introduced rarely had an issue.

If i get one, it will be 4" minimum on intro.

Oooook, we have progress, sort of. ;)
I did the two feed rocks this afternoon, red nori with garlic (smells lush), the one for the general fish also got a calanus pellet squished onto it, a small amount of the nori on the cbb's rock and mastick.
When I let the flame angel back in yesterday she homed in on the mastick (this has been bugging me so had a look at the tin, MasStick, bet I forget) so also the cbb, she went here first again today but the cbb just went up a few inches, the flame had a munch and went off to see everyone.
The scopas has had a couple of little chases and darts but appears to be getting better.
The cbb is expanding it's boundaries by the inch, just the scopas to calm down. ;)
From across the room, still easily, ... not spooked or startled really, defensive maybe and doesn't dive for cover around my movements so that is good. :)

DSC_0004 (1024x716).jpg

DSC_0005 (1024x724).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter just came around, we socially distanced, I told her that my doctor mentioned skin cancer during my phone consultation earlier, they have pics, we cried, it could be just a scratch gone bad!
I hate that I made her cry.
I have never wanted to hug someone so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back