OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, the R scopas ( time out for newer viewers, S Scopas = scopas coloured scopas.
Y Scopas is yellow scopas.
R Scopas is the hlle Rescue scopas.
B is the baby scopas, it just took me about 5 minutes to catch it in a small glass in the puddle, now also in the cube end with the R scopas.

Does that make any sense at all? ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both tangs took flake this morning, no damage to either so that bit appears to have worked.
I am going to move the trap slightly to give the flame angel enough room to get in the display, she will go in and out of the trap once it is back in place and hopefully it will encourage the s scopas to go and have a look.
Big guy / girl. :)

DSC_0008 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, 14-05 hrs, fish trap moved but only about an inch, the braver fish will be going between ends but all the scopas tangs will be nervous.
I have two nets on standby.
I am in no rush for the introduction to happen, the longer it takes the more used to the cube end the two new girls will be in case it kicks off.
I will put the trap back in place for the night.

From the front, it is angled towards the desk end view. :)

DSC_0002 (1024x750).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish, ok scopases update.
All hell broke loose but in a cool way, rescue came in to the display and interacted with the original two, frisky but no aggression.
... and then the big guy became over frisky and it kicked off again, end result is I have the S scopas in the cube with the b scopas and the other two are in the display, lights off, who the hey thought this was a good idea? ;)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish, ok scopases update.
All hell broke loose but in a cool way, rescue came in to the display and interacted with the original two, frisky but no aggression.
... and then the big guy became over frisky and it kicked off again, end result is I have the S scopas in the cube with the b scopas and the other two are in the display, lights off, who the hey thought this was a good idea? ;)
Madness. But i cant look away! :D

Good luck in the next few days.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Madness. But i cant look away! :D

Good luck in the next few days.

I watched the tank like a hawk earlier as the lights started up for when the s scopas went into the cube, I removed the net from the swim through before I went to bed.
The new ones were in the cube together this morning, no damage.
When the s scopas went through into the cube I got up and went across the room away from the tank to watch, ... nothing! :)
There is a noticeable change in the fish dynamic in the display this morning, the two originals have been frisky in a good way, the y scopas has come out of her shell a bit.
The aip file fish has been in the display this morning which is very unusual and the flame angel has been pestering it like "you don't belong in here!" ;)
Nets still on standby!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the tank like a hawk earlier as the lights started up for when the s scopas went into the cube, I removed the net from the swim through before I went to bed.
The new ones were in the cube together this morning, no damage.
When the s scopas went through into the cube I got up and went across the room away from the tank to watch, ... nothing! :)
There is a noticeable change in the fish dynamic in the display this morning, the two originals have been frisky in a good way, the y scopas has come out of her shell a bit.
The aip file fish has been in the display this morning which is very unusual and the flame angel has been pestering it like "you don't belong in here!" ;)
Nets still on standby!
M's, S, B, Y, R, sounds like ur scopas list of names are the spectrum channels on a reef light ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some corals all from the front view.
Behind this part there is a piece that is loose, no idea how it happened, I have to put my hand in later anyway to clean something, see below and they are next to each other so I will grab it.

DSC_0003 (1024x683).jpg

This used to be a carpet of red polyps but it hates the fact the the ycg uses it as a perch.
I will grab the makeup brush (soft and gentle around coral flesh) and clear the cyano.

DSC_0005 (1024x745).jpg

I need to have a play with my white balance just for the LA Lakers monti as I can't catch the purple of the polyps.

DSC_0008 (1024x714).jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day today, my final aiptasia, Fred, is no more, it was the closest one to the desk and happy as a happy thing yesterday, the aip file has basically worked it's way across the tank, time to take it back, my lfs wants it for their display. ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x683).jpg
God bless that file. Doing a service to the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back