Najer's zen twins.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The wrasse came out for a little swim, maybe 2 minutes, jumped at every movement but luckily all the fish ignored it, it went back into the scape.
Fast forward about 5 minutes and it came back out, I got the camera ready but so as not to spook it this is one handed back from the glass.
Fast forward about a minute and the longnose hawk landed next to it and frightened the life out of it, wonder when I'll see it again! ;Facepalm

DSC_0004 (1024x722).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have history with this duncan and duncans in general, this was attempt three and I have had them for about 7 years.
I lost the first two randomly in the old 170 litre low that preceded the twins, mostly lps and it was sort of a standing joke with friends.
I have lost a few heads over the years but I think this is the first new baby head, go me! ;)

DSC_0003 (1024x700).jpg

I need a coral saw! ;)

DSC_0005 (1024x683).jpg

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just did a post asking about the cbb, I am concerned.

OP
najer

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I feed the display breakfast first, flake and then the cube but I always feed a different flake so dry my fingers quickly.
When I turned around to grab a tank cloth, no cloth!
I had to walk away to find one and as I turned back to the tank the rescue scopas was in the display!
There was about 2 minutes of heavy duty posturing but no aggression, I fed an extra pinch of food but the s and y scopas' were having non of it.
The rescue left and went back into the cube, it was not chased there! :)

There is a positive flow through the swim through from the display into the cube and I think the short delay in me feeding the cube meant some flake must have gone through so the rescue went for it! I might try again tomorrow morning, this is progress. :)

A couple of pics from earlier, trying to catch the fish from across the room, I need to clean the glass and set my tripod up, hand held is hard work. ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x683).jpg

DSC_0004 (1024x653).jpg

Do you have an Aquarium Equipment & Husbandry Maintenance Schedule?

• Yes equipment ad husbandry

Votes: 106 54.6%
  • Yes but equipment only

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • Yes but husbandry only

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • No I currently do not

Votes: 52 26.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 1.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Build Your Dream Aquarium Automation System!