Status
Not open for further replies.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are on a rock in the puddle and I can see five, I am thinking of moving them in here but I will have to replace the rock as it is a big branch if I remember so will be a large part of the filtration.

DSC_0002 (1024x683).jpg
I said ric and i meant discos. Sry

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I did a thing tank related but not physically.
If you buy a good camera you have the option of two file types for a picture, jpeg which is smaller and RAW which is much higher quality but requires post processing.
I have only ever shot jpeg as I really didn't want to learn new software, I just downloaded and installed the best free software so we will see.
On my camera you can choose to save a copy of both file types so this is the jpeg pic, camera on autofocus as I just needed an image to play with, there will be lots of utube vids in my near future, don't expect the image today lol! ;)

DSC_0001 (1024x706).jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink streak still mia, this is attempt one at a RAW file processed.

DSC_0001 (1024x706).jpg
I can’t actually tell the difference Simon

Problem might be, this site has a maximum upload limit for pictures which isn’t much, so they don’t look anywhere like as good as the originals, it’s quiet frustrating sometimes

Can you tell the difference at your end comparing the two, I’ve never tried RAW yet ?

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t actually tell the difference Simon

Problem might be, this site has a maximum upload limit for pictures which isn’t much, so they don’t look anywhere like as good as the originals, it’s quiet frustrating sometimes

Can you tell the difference at your end comparing the two, I’ve never tried RAW yet ?

Yes I can see the difference, chite file size upload on here. I will continue to practice. ;)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the fish Najer. Hope you get it sorted out! Beautiful shrooms. It is tricky finding placement for some as they are not all built the same and require different parameters. Following along to see how they acclimate and do in your system.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the fish Najer. Hope you get it sorted out! Beautiful shrooms. It is tricky finding placement for some as they are not all built the same and require different parameters. Following along to see how they acclimate and do in your system.

The tank before this used to have a couple oh hundred shrooms at one point, maybe 15 different types, the tank got electrocuted by a faulty Bubble Magus qq skimmer pump, I sat for two days between water changes watching them dissolve, bm swept it under the carpet.

U

User1

View Badges
I'm not a photography lad but I can say that if your camera supports raw I'd recommend shooting and saving the files in that format. In fact most cameras, especially DSLR, will have an option to save both jpeg and raw. I know my Olympus does and mine is dated :) Some also come with post processing software.

The main take away from shooting and saving in RAW is because it keeps all of the image data uncompressed. As with everything else camera manufactures can have their own subset of RAW so Sony's and Nikon's may not be exactly the same although close due to the format or file extension. I don't remember the exact details (not into that hobby) but just in general Nikon, Canon, and Oly may not be the exact same...

A lot of people use lightroom. I find it too expensive but if this is a hobby and your into it you will want some form of good workflow from card reader to sorting and quick check (keep/discard) to catalog to post processing and develop. I've used it and was a beta tester a while back so kept an older copy of it laying around although I don't use it.

I always used a product called Capture One. It came on a SD card I bought years ago and really like it. I thought it produced some better colors on my post processed photos and was more "user friendly". I've not really looked lately because I do not use my DSLR much anymore. In any case RAW is good to use if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back