Najer's zen twins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Frank @fishguy242 I want to explain the reaction to the freshwater pic, this is old news people I don't need hugs and crap, I did fresh planted for years and will never do it again.
My boy was born oxygen starved and at age two got meningitus so was fully dependent.
Obviously this was when I was with his mum, he was never going to grow old, every Sunday at 11 in the morning I would do tank maintenance and Ricky's chair would be as close as I could get it, I put The Lion KIng video on the player so he could look at the tank or TV, mum would be cooking roast Sunday lunch, there was a lot of singing!
I have not watched the film since and can't do with anything freshwater as it brings back memories of my boy. :)
(And no I didn't cry typing this!) ;)

Well, you sure made me tear up a bit, Simon! What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone that was paying attention to this crap yesterday would have spotted a tuxedo urchin on the shelf with the shrooms on, it tried to pick the red one up and dumped it off the shelf, it landed butter side up due to the weight of the rubble.

Things I do, hopefully just once a day I put my hand in, I have to swap feed rocks so I also do anything that needs doing, fff absolutely will not tolerate the helping hand tool.

... so when I put the rock with nori on in yesterday I retrieved the shroom and put it back on the shelf and something has turned it around, feed rock time in a bit, I'll turn it around again. :rolleyes:

DSC_0008 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Expect a sushi update later or tomorrow, the baby scopas has been bolder with venturing into the display, change today is that the flame angel is giving it less grief, I am going to feed the display only at tea time and see how the yellow scopas reacts.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did clean the glass yesterday, the bits are bits, engineer goby.
The cave goby is not camera shy, these are hand held so I was trying to not shoot at angle too much.

DSC_0004 (1024x701).jpg

The problem with snouts is getting everything in focus, close. ;)

DSC_0007 (1024x683).jpg

After it's bounce around the display yesterday it appears back to "normal"!

DSC_0009 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cave goby is adorable. First picture I remember seeing with such detail

It amazes me that more people don't have them as they are a true front and centre fish, very interactive, because it can move sand so well it bickers with the engineer goby, engineer fires it out and the cave goby fires it back in it's face if it is nearby, funny as filter to watch! ;)

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It amazes me that more people don't have them as they are a true front and centre fish, very interactive, because it can move sand so well it bickers with the engineer goby, engineer fires it out and the cave goby fires it back in it's face if it is nearby, funny as filter to watch! ;)
Reading this reminds me of my Grandparents as a child.
What a perfect pair to add character

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think the pavona will stop it??

No, I have a theory about that, I think the nem would kill it!
If you check the green cabbage in the above pic they have been in contact from when it first moved, my theory is that if something detects that something else is not a threat it won't get stung, just through observation over the years so not scientific like! ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I placed the turbinaria there was a clear 1 inch gap, something shifted it overnight the first night, when I saw it in the morning there was no fight fluff!
The turbin is a 4 or 5 inch satellite dish of a coral, that ear of the pavona is going up exactly where they touched, the turbin is slowly change shape to accommodate it! ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x706).jpg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I placed the turbinaria there was a clear 1 inch gap, something shifted it overnight the first night, when I saw it in the morning there was no fight fluff!
The turbin is a 4 or 5 inch satellite dish of a coral, that ear of the pavona is going up exactly where they touched, the turbin is slowly change shape to accommodate it! ;)

DSC_0002 (1024x706).jpg
So cool watching the war and ensuing peace that coral colonies seem to endure as they bicker for space across rockwork. Nice pics and great pic of the scopas.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool watching the war and ensuing peace that coral colonies seem to endure as they bicker for space across rockwork. Nice pics and great pic of the scopas.

Thanks, I am making progress with fish pics, I really should use the tripod more.
I took this just now, cube end and even though this is from about 5 feet away you can see that the flame angel knows that I have the camera in my hand! ;)
Most fish are cool with the camera now. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x708).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back