Status
Not open for further replies.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to apologise, life got on top of me for a while, I generally know when to walk away!
Sorry if I offended anyone.
As of today I will try and treat human beings more like my montis do and just hold hands! ;)

DSC_0004 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Good to have you back. Great shot!

Didn't I read somewhere there is a 500g display simmering in the background somewhere, somehow?

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to apologize Simon.. life has a way of doing that, I didn’t post for over a year because Im a caretaker for an adult child who has severe medical issues and found it really hard to enjoy even the simplest things in life.. fortunately she has been approved for new treatments and now has a wonderful young man in her life who has taken some of the burden off us and given me a chance to refocus on my reefs again.

My boy was fully dependent, you just focus your mind around "it" him / her, I never think about him without smiling now! :)
Our mid morning Sundays routine was putting on the lion king video and doing tank maintenance, the little tv was next to his planted tropical tank, mum cooked Sunday roast!
I often think about how he would have loved my marine tank! :)

Charles

I bet we would get along great @najer . Really glad I have gotten to know you through your reef and R2R.

Thanks, I love this forum, I like to help when I can but it's nice to know there is help there for me if I need it. :)

Good to have you back. Great shot!

Didn't I read somewhere there is a 500g display simmering in the background somewhere, somehow?

Very much in the background, a couple of years away, first I need to save the funds and stage two will involve house modifications, it won't be cheap but a budget of £10,000 / $13,000 has been set in my mind! ;)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much did you get for your kidney Simon ;)

BE04EE90-7A03-40D4-9CB4-60D773E2231B.png

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a day's leave today, 3 day weekend, planning for a 5 day weekend next week.
I want to frag this chalice but it always looks so happy I cant do it! ;)

DSC_0008 by sshipuk, on Flickr

I need to dip the forest fire, I think there is a fresh hatching of nudis on it, it will go in the cube end.
I lost the black leopard wrasse about a week ago! :(

DSC_0003 by sshipuk, on Flickr

There is some rainbow happiness going on and it loves the dried slow release nutra shot food.
Feeders in the daytime? ;)

DSC_0004 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is some rainbow happiness going on and it loves the dried slow release nutra shot food.
Feeders in the daytime? ;)

To quote a line from “little shop of horrors”... Feed me Simon :D

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To quote a line from “little shop of horrors”... Feed me Simon :D
I don't target feed the corals, everything gets added to the flow although some off it is coral directed! ;)

Sorry to read about that black leopard.
That was a gorgeous fish.

That chalice can use a cut.
I need to buy a frag saw! ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see more and more sticks :D

I can't help it lol, I have everything from an 8 inch cabbage coral to twigs in the display, it is hard to hold the balance.
This is the horizontal acro frag, possibly a tort, those are 2 inch plus branches.
Check out the base of the branches, super chunky.
The "core" of it has plumped up very well, I think it was seriously "nutrient" starved as in nitrates and phos.
The tips are actually growing as well, now just to wait for the middle bits to flesh out! ;)

DSC_0002 by sshipuk, on Flickr

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm welp I am sorry I just spammed your alerts, I just couldn’t help myself! I promise I will get help...

Your photography skills are simply amazing. The tank itself is amazing, it probably belongs in a museum lol... I don’t think you would have this but I am interested, do you have your coral stocking list?

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm welp I am sorry I just spammed your alerts, I just couldn’t help myself! I promise I will get help...

Your photography skills are simply amazing. The tank itself is amazing, it probably belongs in a museum lol... I don’t think you would have this but I am interested, do you have your coral stocking list?

Welcome aboard, very determined of you to wade through that lot! ;)
Thank you, I love taking pics, it is my companion hobby. :)
No I don't have a stock list, I don't know what half of it is called! :p
There is everything from a 10 inch plus cabbage coral through to acroporas, I buy things because I like them or they need rescuing, the "value" in my corals is just to have them happy and healthy without too much input from me and to propagate when I can to share the wealth, my rastas pay for the running of the tanks, excluding power and allow me little treats for the tank.
My solar panels keep the electric bills down!

You know when you look at something and can't remember what something is missing?!
Glue out later, at least it landed butter side up on the sand and not on the nearby duncans! ;)

DSC_0005 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back