OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look above and left there is a cave opening, that is the door under the arch that leads to the swim through hole.
I have a RW 4 behind there that needs a clean, it is set on else mode and pumps great flow through the door, bounced off the weir box.
It sucks down a vortex from the surface, great random flow there as 3 different flow sources collide. :)

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Hope it will be happy there :)

Thanks, all I can do is sit and wait, a very tough introduction, remember the tank is only 18 inches deep, my T5s are high off the water relatively, because it is an aqua cultured piece it is a proper test (not bought to be a test subject, I really think my system should sustain it comfortably), ... but still a test I guess! If it struggles it will be back to the shop! ;)

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really hate you sometimes Simon, in a good way obviously. I'm super excited because a few of my frags I got about a month ago are really taking off and almost fully encrusted on their plugs. Meanwhile, I know darn good and well, if that beautiful red dragon pieces starts showing signs of stress you're going to see it and relocate it.

I'd still rather be able to talk to nems, but I am jealous you can talk to the corals.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that overflow box.
Is that a Pavona, covering the weir box?

Excuse the delay in responding, had to help a mate with a tank issue before work this morning.
Yes Pavona, it was placed there the day I scaped that area, it's less than an inch from the teeth now, that will be interesting! ;)

DSC_0005 by sshipuk, on Flickr

I really hate you sometimes Simon, in a good way obviously. I'm super excited because a few of my frags I got about a month ago are really taking off and almost fully encrusted on their plugs. Meanwhile, I know darn good and well, if that beautiful red dragon pieces starts showing signs of stress you're going to see it and relocate it.

I'd still rather be able to talk to nems, but I am jealous you can talk to the corals.

Good news about the frags, keep us updated. :)
Every waking hour (nearly, I do watch tv a few hours a week, usually on the weekend when I'm really drunk) that I am not at work or at the shops is spent with the tank.
I do talk to the corals, fish and creatures, I have so many things called "you little $h1t"! :p
I see changes quickly, it's very rarely I have to press the "panic" button!
I don't do waterchanges but that is my first "go to" change if required.
The tank is the second thing that ever makes me take that rare contented deep sigh, my daughter is number one by the way! :)
I feel "in tune" with the tank, I watch the sump, cube end and display, I always keep some caulerpa in the display, it helps me judge my nutrient level depending on growth.
It got it's name for a reason, there has to be an easier way to do it! :)

New acro more green again, I'll just give it more time to make it's mind up about colour.
The patch of "damage" on the hystrix was there when I got it, that is healed flesh! ;)

DSC_0004 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Dis Waltney, it appears to be getting in the swing of popping new branches now! :)

DSC_0008 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was hilarious!

I am such a sucker for unusual growth. I have had many thoughts about trying to create interesting patterns by manipulation of positioning and flow.

I often buy things for their shape, whoever decided to mount it on putty like that was inspired! :)

Morning cruise about checking her larder! ;)

DSC_0002 by sshipuk, on Flickr

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the tank's hearts, the cabbage is at least 8x6", obviously the chemical warfare is destroying the tank!? ;)

DSC_0008 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Max lights, well puffed up, give it a break, you'd look a bit pale too if you were that stretched! ;)

DSC_0003 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back