OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this sort of by accident as I was set for a coral pic.
Ok, the line by his mouth is the original spot of damage.
The lips appear to be slowly recovering, less of a gap.
The dark spot behind the mouth is where that stripe should be! The infection stopped right at the eye luckily.
Below the right edge of the eye there is a sort of yellow spot on the gill cover, that was a hole.
The rear edge of the gill cover has softened edges compared to how it was but the big change is that the bit that was raised away from the body appears to be slowly flattening back. :)
Today is the first day that I would say that there is an improvement, he lost a lot of weight over the past two weeks and this past few days he has been acting very oddly.
It is the first time I have seen him look playful for ages! :)

DSC_0781 (1024x683).jpg

The coral pic, excuse the colour, only one pair of T5s are running. ;)

DSC_0776 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish interactions.
All of this is due to Poto starting about a week ago, that was his low point.
Cherub - I am pretty sure the cherub was involved in the accident, not calling it the cause, they used to have frantic little chases but playful, I think that is when Poto swam into something.
The cherub started backing off about a week ago like it knew something was wrong!

Naso - The naso has sort of adopted the convict pretty much from when he went in, Poto follows it around like a puppy a lot of the time.
The naso has been keeping close to Poto and has looked agitated all week.
They just came back into the display together and I would swear the naso looked happy! :)

Yellow scopas - She always kept Poto away from the big cave but has stopped having little darts at him!

Flame angel - She likes Poto, I think it is a stripes thing, she has been around more in the display this past week and has been watching him, she has chased the cherub a few times when it tried to get playful!

FFF - it has spent a lot of time in one spot right by where Poto has been hanging out, much more active today!

I feel happier than I have felt for weeks, he is acting like Poto acts a lot more today! :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
way to go POTO!! ..i mean simon..will say ,nope i won't,his head stripe looks darker too.made my day already:cool:

There really has been a change, it's hard to explain when others just see pics, all of the fish appear happier today, excuse the lights only one pair of T5s working, Poto being Poto! :)

DSC_0785 (1024x636).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I went into the lighting software yesterday I shuffled the three working pairs of T5s forward about half an hour but only the first pair came on yesterday so I completely unplugged the light over night, leds as well.
I plugged it back in this morning and it has come on correctly!
I moved the new small shrooms yesterday to get one of the three in more light, that one looks like it might be about to divide. ;)
They are expanding a little more each day. :)

DSC_0817 (1024x683).jpg

... but I need to pull the rock as there are a lot of vermitids on it!
I also noticed this morning that there is a single zoa or paly on there. :)

DSC_0819 (1024x683) (2).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ggod day sir ,POTO,update,daily is,a must;)

I had just been watching him when I opened this, he appears to be having another good day. :)
He is grazing again and is back and forth between the display and the cube more.
The thing I noticed this morning is that if he comes back from the cube he is breathing less hard. :)
The naso is noticeably happier! :)
Excuse the glass.

DSC_0824 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so glad to hear :cool:
POTO on the upswing feels like a win for all of us Simon. Awesome job nursing em very excited to see positive results for you.

Thanks guys, it was making my depression bad, I don't do stress well, I have smiled more in the past 2 days than I have for weeks. :)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simon its great to see your in better spirits. The ebs and flows. Just like a reef. Cheers bud. Can we get a naso headshot?

Thanks, I wish lol, I have been trying for weeks because it has just started transitioning, the desk end glass is about a week old, I will try again when I clean it because I want a pic lol! ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, fff let me clean the desk glass again, there was an improvement!
I can't use the magnetic cleaner unless I hold the wet side but it is chunky and still freaks him a bit.
Do you get the Tetra Tec green stick cleaners that use a replaceable razor blade? The head is nice and small, yesterday it stayed in it's cove even when my hand was about 8 inches away and didn't go to freak level two!
I will try for some fish pics later. :)

Poto, is being more like Poto again! ;)
I watched him in the cube for about 5 minutes earlier from across the room as I made a cuppa, he swam from spot to spot grazing different algae. :)
He still struggles with food in the water column but does have a few attempts now where he was trying once and giving up. This has me worried the most, because his snout is bent his aim is off, hopefully this will improve.
Still breathing less hard.
It's nice to not see him in the display every time I glance at it as it means he is in the cube grazing! ;)

Where there is a will there ...!
One of the orange neptheas I bought, the first one was already dead pretty much when I bought it, I didn't spot the signs, still learning.
As it dissolved it dropped a few branches, survival instinct I guess, I know I have one in the puddle, this is in the cube, it was about half that size when it dropped!
Just had breakfast so a bit closed! ;)

DSC_0006 (1024x677).jpg

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bumped into ( not physically) my brother earlier at the local shops, it was really awkward as we are huggers, first time I have seen him since this all kicked off we had a nice socially distanced chat, I love my little bro!
We both came to the same conclusion that it would be nice to see a lot of the changes that have happened during lockdown continue as normal life after, working from home when you can, less using the car, being respectful of people.
Zoe was taught PPR by me, pleasant, polite and respectful, I hope there is a global covid day in the future, like poppies in gun barrels for one day when the world remembers it can come together when it has / wants / needs to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back