OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all and thanks, hope you had a good party. :)

I just raised the royal blue channel 5% (pic 2) and it looks a touch crisper to me, I'll try some coral pics to see what my camera thinks up close, straight off the camera and cropped the same so it is brighter than this but I didn't play with any settings on the camera or post edit to get a straight comparison, pics taken about 2 minutes apart.

DSC_0002 (1024x684).jpg

DSC_0007 (1024x684).jpg

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tripodichthys oxycephalus added, impulse buy as soon as I saw it. :)

DSC_0020 (1024x684) (2).jpg
That looks like a very interesting fish that I had never seen before. It looks somewhat like a tang with triggers (though 3 instead of 2), also somewhat similar to some filefish.

Hopefully it does well in your tanks so we can continue to see wonderful and interesting pictures!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new pescatarian friend. Also love how you try and find creatures struggling and bring them back to health and give them a great life.

honestly that’s something I wish more reefers would think about. For all the people attacking others about tangs and the size of their homes, it’s like they forget that we have the ability to give our critters a better life than they’d have in the wild. I mean, think about it. @fishguy242 has had his Mingis for a decade. They’re fat and happy. Do they have the range of the ocean? No. But they’re given a great diet, and can live without fear of predation.

idk. I suppose I’m rambling. Point is I count you amount someone to look up to because you show so much care for your charges. Fish deserve love. So props man.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love the new pescatarian friend. Also love how you try and find creatures struggling and bring them back to health and give them a great life.

honestly that’s something I wish more reefers would think about. For all the people attacking others about tangs and the size of their homes, it’s like they forget that we have the ability to give our critters a better life than they’d have in the wild. I mean, think about it. @fishguy242 has had his Mingis for a decade. They’re fat and happy. Do they have the range of the ocean? No. But they’re given a great diet, and can live without fear of predation.

idk. I suppose I’m rambling. Point is I count you amount someone to look up to because you show so much care for your charges. Fish deserve love. So props man.
only 7 this May... ;) :)

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only 7 this May... ;) :)

well, regardless. I stand by what I said lol I’m thrilled I still have my first fish two years in. And I aim to keep them around for another 20 :cool:

don’t know how long one spot foxes live, but same goes for that one

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks for the kind words, I know I can feed most non carnivores naturally as in because the cube end is a jungle with large cryptic zones so fish can graze as they settle like they are supposed to.
The new fish isn't very good at taking things from the water column yet, I fed it a meaty flake with garlic last night by hand and it loved it so it looks like it will eat anything. :)
I am a sucker for the marine underdogs and if I think things have a better chance with me I have to try but always keeping my fish in mind as my tank is very peaceful.
Having the puddle helps for small stuff when it is running properly.

DSC_0001 (1024x720).jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't reserve it yet, my daughter is giving me details of the new wetsuit she wants this weekend, a joint b day and xmas prezzie, my daughter is the only thing that comes before the tanks. ;)
That's great.

I need a new wetsuit. Used to use 3mm but my blood is getting thinner. Going to step up to 5mm before the next dive season

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great.

I need a new wetsuit. Used to use 3mm but my blood is getting thinner. Going to step up to 5mm before the next dive season

She is going from a 3-2 o'neil to a 5-3 of her pick, I might have planted the lifeguarding seed in her head, the water is cold over here so trying to give her a good chance of getting her a cert that will be recognised around the world. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back