Name Brand Led vs China Box Led

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Chinese Evergrow D120- I don't care for ramping and thunderstorms :nerd:



Upgrading the D120s to the S026
 
Very nice setup! All the colors look great! What schedule and percentages are you running the lights?
 
I have three tanks and I'm running the Evergrow IT2060s on all three. Great color, great growth, and cheaper than most. Fully controllable and everything looks great!
 
In the beginning........




Here is my limited experience with the Chinese LED market.


I've seen the early year's LED's with very poor heat sinks, non-controllable and only white and blue. I had (actually still have, but boxed up), an early year TaoTronics LED. It's blue and white and the heat sink looks to be a piece of aluminum foil. See the aluminum foil:









I later purchased an Evergrow full spectrum. It is now controllable, comes with red, green, violet and of course blue and white LEDs, and the heat sink is more robust than the "American" LED units I have. Here's a shot through the grooves in the side....look at that heat sink!





We must all realize that the majority, if not all, LED components are made in China. It all boils down to were it's assembled. I also have two "American" made units. I don't wish to mention the name, but simply looking at them, they look exactly like the Chinese made units.


Bottom line, and I hate saying it, I believe the newer, full spectrum, controllable LEDs out of China are the best bang for the buck.
 
I have the 300 watt mars aqua light and love it for the money my corals are coloring up pretty good and having good growth so can't complain
 

Attachments

  • 1423807558905.jpg
    1423807558905.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,030
I have the 300 watt mars aqua light and love it for the money my corals are coloring up pretty good and having good growth so can't complain

What size tank do you have? From the picture it looks like you have very good light penetration to the bottom.
 
I really doubt there is much of a difference between the name brand and the Chinese and as someone pointed out most name bran LEDs are made in China. The only reason i went with a Kessil is because of the shape/look of the light. If there was a chinese brand that did the torch look I'd have gotten that.
 
Chinese led are probably one of the best things in market just like wp40 you get the best bang for buck I've met a lot of reefer who are successfully keeping reefs with these leds
 
I have an Evergrow over my 40B. although the corners of the tank are a bit dim, but I'm getting great colors out of my corals. the only thing I have yet to find out is why my corals are growing so painfully slow. all parameters are great. anyone else not getting the growth they expect?
 
Dragonfisher how much flow do you have in your tank and you can remove the optics from your light and that will help with spreading to the corners
 
Dragonfisher how much flow do you have in your tank and you can remove the optics from your light and that will help with spreading to the corners

no optics on the LED. I have a Jebao RW8 on one side aiming straight across the tank and a wp25 on the other side aiming toward the back of the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new