0   0   0
Chinese Evergrow D120- I don't care for ramping and thunderstorms :nerd:

Upgrading the D120s to the S026

rmiles54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup! All the colors look great! What schedule and percentages are you running the lights?

Feathers&Frags

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three tanks and I'm running the Evergrow IT2060s on all three. Great color, great growth, and cheaper than most. Fully controllable and everything looks great!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the beginning........

Here is my limited experience with the Chinese LED market.

I've seen the early year's LED's with very poor heat sinks, non-controllable and only white and blue. I had (actually still have, but boxed up), an early year TaoTronics LED. It's blue and white and the heat sink looks to be a piece of aluminum foil. See the aluminum foil:

I later purchased an Evergrow full spectrum. It is now controllable, comes with red, green, violet and of course blue and white LEDs, and the heat sink is more robust than the "American" LED units I have. Here's a shot through the grooves in the side....look at that heat sink!

We must all realize that the majority, if not all, LED components are made in China. It all boils down to were it's assembled. I also have two "American" made units. I don't wish to mention the name, but simply looking at them, they look exactly like the Chinese made units.

Bottom line, and I hate saying it, I believe the newer, full spectrum, controllable LEDs out of China are the best bang for the buck.

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 300 watt mars aqua light and love it for the money my corals are coloring up pretty good and having good growth so can't complain

Attachments

• 1423807558905.jpg
    1423807558905.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 995

zoous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 300 watt mars aqua light and love it for the money my corals are coloring up pretty good and having good growth so can't complain

What size tank do you have? From the picture it looks like you have very good light penetration to the bottom.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really doubt there is much of a difference between the name brand and the Chinese and as someone pointed out most name bran LEDs are made in China. The only reason i went with a Kessil is because of the shape/look of the light. If there was a chinese brand that did the torch look I'd have gotten that.

Canitolindo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chinese led are probably one of the best things in market just like wp40 you get the best bang for buck I've met a lot of reefer who are successfully keeping reefs with these leds

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Evergrow over my 40B. although the corners of the tank are a bit dim, but I'm getting great colors out of my corals. the only thing I have yet to find out is why my corals are growing so painfully slow. all parameters are great. anyone else not getting the growth they expect?

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragonfisher how much flow do you have in your tank and you can remove the optics from your light and that will help with spreading to the corners

dragonfisher33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragonfisher how much flow do you have in your tank and you can remove the optics from your light and that will help with spreading to the corners

no optics on the LED. I have a Jebao RW8 on one side aiming straight across the tank and a wp25 on the other side aiming toward the back of the tank

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back