d315a107d4ffedafdedf95559f3b8a05.jpg

4e31cc7223d8e41ce786be98970e2e03.jpg

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really really want some little shop of horrors! They are so expensive right now almost thinking of fragging my Aussie gold again

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy apple red and purple people eater are two of my favorites. At swaps it seems red types sell very fast so anything like Twizzlers, AOG, devil's armor, etc are very popular.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this thread seems to have turned into an 'eye candy' thread, and there's nothing wrong with that of course, I'll post some shots from my 4 month old shallow rimless. I only try to collect larger and rarer varities.
First....what's life without chaos...utter chaos it is. Love these things and especially the reaction I get when people first see them. Prices have also come down quite a bit as they've spread through the industry, but they are still a bit on the rare side. I've found them very hardy, but slow growers. They seem to like more water flow than most palys.

1.jpg

Next up - I have no idea. I got these from a vendor who only deals with very high end stuff, and after insulting him with a snarky comment "what the heck are you feeding those nuke greens" was informed they weren't nuke greens, and upon examination realized they weren't. I've had many colonies of nuke greens; classic nukes are smaller, more striated, have different mouths, grow more symetrically, are much smaller, and not nearly as intense. These beasts grow to size of quarters (bigger if you count the skirts), eat like pigs, have ridiculous actinic response, grow at an astonishing rate and don't care about water conditions. I paid a hefty price for a single polyp, but with the rate they are growing I'll have no trouble getting it back. They might be related to grandis, or just a mutation of nukes...I don't know. I call them thermo nuclear greens.

2.jpg

Another mystery paly I got from mr high end guy at the end of a swap. I had a really hard time getting the color right...they are a deep indigo and blue with polyps between dime and nickel size. Very pretty paly I've only seen in my tank. Not the fastest grower but accelerating. Very, very sensitive to water conditions. The slightest change in pH will cause them to curl up making me suspect they are a deeper water variety even they prefer very intense light.

4.jpg

And the best for last. Got these from a guy selling drop dead amazing ice armageddons for $100, and I wasn't parting with that much cash. He was selling these morphs for a lot cheaper, so I snagged them. Fantastic powder and royal blue combo, and the heads are the size of nickels. Initially they grew fast, so I started fragging, but after I split the colony growth came to a hault...I guess for spite. I'll try heavier water flow.

3.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back