Nano build

Taby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am interested in adding a harem of clownfish to my aquarium but have questions as to whether or not it would be possible.

My system consists of

-30 Gallon nuvo ext
- 22 gallon trigger crystal 30 sump
-2 AI prime 16
- jebao sw-4

Filtration
- somatic 60 skimmer
- filter socks
- fuge w/ Amazon grow light
- rubble rock and bio bricks in the sump

Livestock
-2 paired false perc. clownfish
-yellow clown goby

In the months that follow I intend to add 20 lbs of aquascaped rock. And introduce 3 medium sized bubble tip anemones. Towards the final months I wanted to add the small clownfish but am worried that the current pair of clowns might kill the juvenile group.

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will find different success rates with clownfish all over the place. What works for some hobbyist may not work for other hobbyist. From what I have read you want to introduce them all at once. Even if that is done successfully they can get very aggressive towards each other in their adult stages.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Taby

Taby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will find different success rates with clownfish all over the place. What works for some hobbyist may not work for other hobbyist. From what I have read you want to introduce them all at once. Even if that is done successfully they can get very aggressive towards each other in their So even with the rock work with caves and anemones its

You will find different success rates with clownfish all over the place. What works for some hobbyist may not work for other hobbyist. From what I have read you want to introduce them all at once. Even if that is done successfully they can get very aggressive towards each other in their adult stages.
Thank you for replying. So even with the rockwork and nems theres still a big risk.

Upvote 0

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to get away with it if you take out the existing pair and rearrange all the rock work and add your new & old clown fish at the same time.

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back