Nano Frag Tank Questions

Jmm07e

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I built this super small 6 gallon nano frag tank.

I want to out in a Pink Streaked Wrasse, but they're sold out everywhere.

I'm thinking of putting in a six lined wrasse. I've heard they'll get aggressive and destroy the coral after a few months. My thought is if I out in a power head, it'll use it as a hamster wheel, swimming against the current. Hopefully, it won't grow too aggressive since it'll be the only fish.

That, or I get two neon gobies and pair them.

Do you think I should get the Six Lined Wrasse with hopes of trading for the Pink Streaked, or the two gobies?

Also, I have a question on lighting. I have an AI Prime HD light. I downloaded someone's preset schedule. But, I think I'll need to make adjustments.

How do I know what adjustments to make based on the changes I see in the coral? I guess I'll just take pictures and ask forums.

Thanks,
Matt

IMG_20201112_184036_01.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

Matt, in a frag tank that small, I wouldn't put in any fish.

As to somebody else's light schedule... what is it you don't like about it? Hard to recommend changes when we don't know what you have or what you want?

OP
OP
Jmm07e

Jmm07e

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a TINY 6 lined wrasse. He's in there. I think he'll be fine.

As for the light schedule, I do like it. I'm just not sure how to adjust it. I think I just have to put in the coral, see how it does, and make adjustments.

But how do I know what adjustments to make?

Attached is the light settings. It's not just the schedule, it's the entire light spectrum.

Screenshot_20201116-110852.png

OP
OP
Jmm07e

Jmm07e

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often should I be testing everything? Magnesium and calcium I'm frequently testing. I know alkalinity I should test most often.

To update, I now have a penguin 75, power head, AI light, auto top off with reservoir, auto feeder, fan, heater. It's super self sufficient, only thing else I could think of is an auto doser, which is way overkill.

Six line wrasse, blood red shrimp, hermit crab, snail.

Waiting for the tank to stabilize and going to add like 29 frags and just do my best to keep everything under control.

Attachments

• PXL_20201123_193849025.jpg
    PXL_20201123_193849025.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 13

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back