Nano Locline

  • Thread starter Thread starter thatsruff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

thatsruff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
247
Reaction score
392
Location
boston-ish
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the middle of setting up my new 7.5-gallon cube, I just drilled it and test fit the bulkheads. I put in the standard 1/2" locline a d it seems way too big for the scale of the tank.

IMG_20200704_173813.jpg

IMG_20200704_173859.jpg


So I just bought some 1/4" size from McMaster Carr that is designed for cutting fluid on machine tools. I will report back when I get it in to let everyone know how it feels.

Screenshot_20200704-192039.png


Hope this helps others with nano tanks.
 
for the tank size, I would think a single outlet would be adequate with the half inch.. and maybe only 1 or 2 of the extensions..

Yeah, that is almost certainly true but I was hoping for a bit more flexibility. Plus I still think that would feel too bulky to me. But I might feel the same way about the 1/4", and the blue and orange very well could be too distracting or out of place.
 
An update: I got the 1/4" Locline in and I am very happy with the scale of it, it is so much more appropriate for nano tanks.

I am pretty obsessive about this stuff but I know there are plenty of others out there that are too. I think that this will look very nice at the end of the day (don't mind the mess, still building the thing).

IMG_20200707_201619.jpg

IMG_20200707_201644.jpg

IMG_20200707_201630.jpg
 
Is it ok to use the orange stuff in aquariums? Is there any difference other than the color?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new