Nano max XL G2 - Powerheads, Lights & heaters?

danfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning All!

Im thinking of getting back into the hobby and im looking at the RS Max nano XL G2. I dont want a big tank as its literally going to be sitting on my home office desk.

Which powerheads & how many do you think would be best? Im planning on keeping maybe 3 fish max, leaning more to the SPS with maybe 1 or 2 LPS in there for a bit of movement.
I looked at the MP10 but it says the max glass thickness for that is 9.5mm thick, and the Max nano is 10mm thick? will this genuinely be an issue? The other option i was looking at is the Nero 3. Would one of these be enough or would 2 be better on the lower power setting, set at different heights.

Lights, does anyone know if the RS50 light which comes with the AIO is adequate for sps? Or should I look at a bigger light?

Lastly, Any recommendations for a small heater to throw into the back of the AIO for the nano?

Thanks team!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dan! I have three of the "old" Max Nano tanks, and I am running all of them with the RS50 LED light that they came with. While I have no SPS in the tanks, I am very happy with the RS50 lights in general. You may need to upgrade though if you find it insufficient but I would start with that and see how you go..

As for flow, I use the ReefWave 25 on all of them- I am extremely happy with the performance although for my LPS and anemones they're almost too big! For a tank such as yours, it would be perfect.

As for the heater, I use a D&D heater controller and a 150w D&D titanium heater.

Where in Scotland are you based?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%

Back