Nano Reef Number 4?!

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All!
I got a great deal on a Fluval Flex 32.5g (123 L) tank on Black Friday. I’m already planning to upgrade to the InTank media baskets & I will either change the return pump out or add a power head, but not sure which to do first. The stock pump only puts out 214 gph which feels wildly underpowered for this size tank. I’m thinking of upgrading to the Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0 & maybe adding a Sicce Voyager power head.
I still have to decide what I’m stocking though....
Since this is my 4th nano reef, I’m looking for some creativity on what I should keep.
The tank dimensions are 32.5” long, 15.75” wide & 15.35” deep. I have a couple fancy clown pairs, two tail spot blennies, a Bangaii Cardinal, a pair of Ruby Red Dragonets, a pair of Ascension Gobies, and various inverts and CUC members in my other 3 tanks. As far as corals, I have a lot of softies, LPS and some anemones - both rock flowers and BTAs.
I guess I’m just looking for some fun suggestions while I plan this setup. With a longer tank than my others, is there a fish that needs the length but might still thrive in a smaller tank? I’m open to all advice & suggestions.
Thanks, Reefers!

OP
OP
Brit’s Fish

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, how could I forget my little Purple Firefish? :)
I’m thinking I’d like to add a Midas Blenny or a Pearly Jawfish to this tank. Any suggestions on that would be great too.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of the Bicolor Blenny - beautiful and full of character. Also Springeri Damsel - docile and a stunning bright blue.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back