Nano skimmer for 30 Gallon HELP

Christopher Davis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2016
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
1,443
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the jbj sk-45 skimmer on my 25g cube build for about 5 months. The pump has already burned up on me and I am floored with anger! :mad: I forgot to warranty the product... lesson learned. But to my findings I cannot even buy the replacement pump on a skimmer I paid 120+ for are you serious:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.
I don't think I'm going to be using them anymore after writing a letter.

So what is a good replacement skimmer that I could buy? That's relatively compact and won't burn up in 5 months...BTW I put the skimmer in my sump :) let me know!

IMG_5751.JPG


IMG_5753.JPG


IMG_5752.JPG
 
oh awesome!!! Did you order online? Pros and cons to the skimmer? That looks like something I'm looking for. Really disappointed with the quality and overall design of the JBJ.
 
Tunze 9004 on my Innovative Marine 30 and it fits perfectly in one of the chambers. Started producing dirty skimmate on the first day.
 
Icecap K2-50 best bang for the buck. I'm running run on my 22g they go for $130 and has great quality and awesome customer support.
IMG_4294.JPG
Hey so I went with the ice cap... I am having a lot of difficulty getting it to to consisntaly skim... it's like the pump is pulsing constantly? Did you have this problem? I have to unplug it on and off for it to snap out of it?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new