Nano Tank Chalk Bass Stocking Advice

Chiquitita

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
15
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 28 gallon ~4ft tank. I talked myself out of a pair of trio of chalk bass due to the limited space, but after observing behavior I think that may have been the wrong call. Has anyone kept them in groups in relatively small tanks successfully?

I'm aware they are pretty peaceful with each other but I don't know how or how well that tends to last in tighter quarters. Although they are small, most people I'm seeing with groups have like 75 gallon tanks and not what I'm working with.
 
I have a 28 gallon ~4ft tank. I talked myself out of a pair of trio of chalk bass due to the limited space, but after observing behavior I think that may have been the wrong call. Has anyone kept them in groups in relatively small tanks successfully?

I'm aware they are pretty peaceful with each other but I don't know how or how well that tends to last in tighter quarters. Although they are small, most people I'm seeing with groups have like 75 gallon tanks and not what I'm working with.
I think one was the right call size wise honestly, not much room after all the rocks and sand are in. 😊 goal for when you want to get a bigger tank though!
 
I had a feeling this would be the consensus. Long low tanks have their perks but in the end it's still limited territory.

I have absolutely no upgrade plans, but I may be in danger if I can ever get my hands on a low iron 60b for a steal......
 
I had a feeling this would be the consensus. Long low tanks have their perks but in the end it's still limited territory.

I have absolutely no upgrade plans, but I may be in danger if I can ever get my hands on a low iron 60b for a steal......
Lol I said the same until I went to a six foot tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new