Nano Tank High pH

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zakary2003
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zakary2003

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2023
Messages
602
Reaction score
288
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon cube mixed reef. I use kalkwasser in the auto top off and have very recently started also using All For Reef because my alkalinity and calcium uptake is getting higher than the top off water consumption. I just moved a week ago and I guess the ventilation must be better in this apartment, because my pH has been going up steadily. It's been around 8.45 during the peak of the day and goes down to about 7.9 at night. Is that too high? Also, is that swing too dramatic? Should I stop the kalkwasser and switch to All For Reef exclusively? I know high pH is good for coral growth, but I don't know how high is too high.

I can list other parameters if relevant.
 
That pH is fine. Many people strive to get pH that high to promote hard coral growth.

I've not seen much evidence that the daily pH swing is any issue (as opposed to the extremes hit) but more aeration will reduce it if that's a goal. :)
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new