NanoStream magnets light on epoxy?

Tom@HaslettMI

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2011
Messages
483
Reaction score
95
Location
Michigan
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just purchased a new 6025 and the magnets look like they didn't get completely epoxy filled. Should they have exposed magnet material? All of the other TUNZE magnets I own (5 pair) all have the magnet material completely covered. Here's a pic of the new magnet...


Please let me know if this is the new normal and safe. I am worried the magnets will corrode when exposed to SW.

Thanks,
Tom
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new