nanostream mods?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dorado
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dorado

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
207
Reaction score
323
Location
Placentia, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of tunze nanostream 6055's that are located a couple of inches below the water line. It doesn't constantly happen, but maybe every five minutes one of the powerheads makes a vortex sucking in air and spreading bubbles all over the tank. An easy fix would be lower the pumps, but because they are located in the front of the tank, I don't want to do that. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a mod/shroud that would work to alleviate this problem.
 
A sheet of something floating at the water surface over the pump will inhibite the vortex.
I have used 1/2 inch frigolite held on place with a little fishing line.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new