Nas snail extreme close up

spamvicious

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2022
Messages
634
Reaction score
226
Location
Yorkshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is the first time I’ve seen how a nas snail eats. Not creepy at all. :oops:

For some reason I have daredevil nas snails that like to climb the glass up to the top. They don’t seem to do anything to actually help with the sand though. I think mine are broken haha.

 
Well this is the first time I’ve seen how a nas snail eats. Not creepy at all. :oops:

For some reason I have daredevil nas snails that like to climb the glass up to the top. They don’t seem to do anything to actually help with the sand though. I think mine are broken haha.


How long ago did you add them? Even after drip acclimation snails will do this to sort of acclimate themselves.
 
How long ago did you add them? Even after drip acclimation snails will do this to sort of acclimate themselves.
Oh they’ve been in the tank for four months now. I posted before asking if they were hungry so I made sure to add some food directly at them but they still do this.
 
Oh they’ve been in the tank for four months now. I posted before asking if they were hungry so I made sure to add some food directly at them but they still do this.
Probably just some snail shenanigans then, as long as they don't get out of the tank they should be fine.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new