Naso tang not acting right

Brettinteriors

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
East Tucson
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a medium sized naso for roughly 6 months. He has always eaten like a pig and has grown well. I noticed he wasn't eating today and his stomache has a pintched look. He is not active. My water is rock solid. I do not use a calcium reactor and have good orp. I have not changed anything in the tank and he is not being picked on. Nothing else is showing any signs of distress. The naso has no obvious signs of ich, velvet, hlle, or Popeye. Any suggestions or advice.

Just so I don't get water param questions
Via Hanna

Alk 8.3
Cal. 450
Mag, 1380
No3 10 or less
Po4 .03
Sg 1.026 refrac
Amon 0
Nit 0
 
Last edited:
Weird. Do you hang nori or another seaweed for him to eat on?
 
Sorry but doesn't sound good at all. Have you tried a variety of food or soaked the food in garlic.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new