Nassarius Snails - Feeding....

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think my pair of Nassarius snails are getting the proper food because the fish get to the food first. I've tried sinking pellets down, but fish grab it before it gets to the substrate.

Reaching out here to determine what the options are. I do have a pack of sinking Algae wafers, but not sure if these particular snails would gravitate to such as algae isn't their cup of tea.

Thanks
 
I’ve never had to (intentionally) feed mine directly. If you feed enough, there will be some for them. Nass snails primarily scavenge and will find extra foods throughout the tank.
 
if you are the caring soul you seem to be, a FEW sinking pellets after lights out will bring them up and out
 
My Nassarius will consume Hikari algae wafers, though they seem less enthusiastic about these compared to meatier foods like shrimp. The main ingredient in these wafers is actually fish meal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new