Ndz98’s Tank

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Once a week, of a night when some of my softies/LPS extend their feeding tenticals or what not, I turn off all flow and drop a couple pellets near the rics mouth. I usually wait and watch for them to consume one before I turn the flow back on. One spectrum pellet will go a long way with a ricordea. Same with my acans & trumpet. I feed my euphyllia corals during the day, as they all tend to close up of a night.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Once a week, of a night when some of my softies/LPS extend their feeding tenticals or what not, I turn off all flow and drop a couple pellets near the rics mouth. I usually wait and watch for them to consume one before I turn the flow back on. One spectrum pellet will go a long way with a ricordea. Same with my acans & trumpet. I feed my euphyllia corals during the day, as they all tend to close up of a night.
I tried feeding some pellets to my coral last night and it was pretty cool watching them close up and kind of eat them. Thankfully the cleaner shrimp wasn't around to snatch away any of the food haha. The frogspawn and the hammer took the food right up. I put some on the rics but I think I need to get the pellets closer to there mouth.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried feeding some pellets to my coral last night and it was pretty cool watching them close up and kind of eat them. Thankfully the cleaner shrimp wasn't around to snatch away any of the food haha. The frogspawn and the hammer took the food right up. I put some on the rics but I think I need to get the pellets closer to there mouth.
No worries if they don't seem to eat, as some people don't feed directly at all.

I love my flashlight time with my tank. LOL

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries if they don't seem to eat, as some people don't feed directly at all.

I love my flashlight time with my tank. LOL
I actually tried again the day after and I watched as the mouth stretched out and grabbed the pellet. I wonder how quickly I can get them to grow if I just feed them pellets three times a week.

I see myself doing the same thing a lot and looking around with the flashlight on my phone after the lights are off haha

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working hard!

image.jpeg

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks like his skin healed up finally pretty decently. Still needs to heal up a little more on his face. He doesn't seem to be eating as much though.

image.jpeg

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build man, and fish looks to be recovering nicely.

OP
OP
ndz98

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ndz98, where have you been?
Working like crazy bro. Haven't had much time or energy to do many fish related things besides literally feeding the fish and keeping the tank topped off. Have been neglecting the tank a little bit lately but nothing major. Had my salinity get a little high and part of my mushroom melted away and a tiny area of my Acan but nothing they can't bounce back from.

image.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looks good

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working like crazy bro. Haven't had much time or energy to do many fish related things besides literally feeding the fish and keeping the tank topped off. Have been neglecting the tank a little bit lately but nothing major. Had my salinity get a little high and part of my mushroom melted away and a tiny area of my Acan but nothing they can't bounce back from.

image.jpg
Still looking good though man!
Don't neglect it too much though

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back