Need a little help on what to do

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dany3350
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dany3350

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2016
Messages
71
Reaction score
9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So these past days I was getting rid of some algea not a whole ton,but I did lower the intensity of my led lights to 20 percent after for about 4-5 days and when I ramped them back up everything seemed normal.it was two days 3 days after I noticed one of my acros started to bleach.I have not really found anything online as to what to do to prevent further tissue loss the rest of the sps seems to be fine and polyps out just one branch and it's foot where it spread. Should I cut away the damaged part or leave it any advise is welcome
Thank you
 
95d4756010e635dd8548270c881a06bc.jpg
 
I would lower the intensity, and slowly ramp it back up again.
 
Get some test results, ALK, CAL, MAG, Po4, No3, PH and temp.
 
Mag is at 1440
Alk 7.7 dkh
Calcium 440
No3 0
Temp is at 78
Phosphate 0
 
I had a problem like his before only with a stag horn I managed to cut it up before I lost all,of it I managed to save one frag and other 3 parished due to my neglect :(
But this afro is way bigger and I'm not sure to just leave it or intervene and cut the bleached area's
 
Your water looks good, maybe a bit low on calcium compared to where I like to be, I'm guessing the ramp up on the LEDs is what did it.
 
You need a little Po4' and No3's in the water. That could be your issue is your water is too clean. everything else is fine
 
I'm sure that caused it too. I have a Hawkins that is higher up and it seemed to be doing well any advise on what to do with the bleached area?
 
The damage on the corals is looking like a large swing of ALK.
If it is your light it should reflect your tips.
Onr thing i noticed is your No3 and Po4 is 0.0 and not sure how long that is but that ain't good either.
 
It was the tip at the beginning and then it continued and got a lot bigger eating away a whole branch. I have been feeding them these past 3 weeks I don't normally do it but doubt that's what caused it
 
I did have an alk sing about 4 weeks ago and returened to normal maybe it's effecting now
 
That Hawkins looks like a goner, you should send it to me to save it [emoji12]. Gorgeous tank!
 
So the inevitable has happened the coral has bleached off I have a small frag that I hope holds on but doesn't look to hot either lesson learned alk sing and then playing with lights is a big no no :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new