Fungia help

rbendikas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2026
Messages
31
Reaction score
6
Location
Zurich
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve got a fungia and after a few days in the tank I noticed that one side seems to be damaged (polyps completely flat, even a visible tear in the tissue). Is it recoverable and what should I do next?

IMG_1094.jpeg IMG_1093.jpeg
 
Are you sure it’s a tear?

Does it look like the sand is piled higher in that area and maybe irritating it?
 
Are you sure it’s a tear?

Does it look like the sand is piled higher in that area and maybe irritating it?
I’m not sure, attaching the picture. I blew the sand away before so that it doesn’t get irritated.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1095.jpeg
    IMG_1095.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 19
Doesn't look like a tear. Sometimes the flesh of certain LPS gets more "plump" than other areas and makes it look like something is going on. The fact that the tentacles are out and the plate is plump leads me to believe it's doing great.
 
Is the flow blowing against it? They don't like a ton of flow. I have about 10-15 fungia in my tank at the moment (I'm due to harvest) and they get no direct flow. Very little flow at all.
 
I would also check there is not too much flow. If the flow is ok, I would be checking that spot for an aptaisia or a vermatid or something that might be irritating that spot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new