Need a little help with DIY LED

Ryan9212

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a very simple solution for DIY LED's for my 92g corner tank. I don't need much as I already have a black box, everything is growing/looking great but since it is a corner there are some "darkerer" areas and I noticed some corals towards the back could use a little more light.

I am just looking to use some of those 3w Led's spread out underneath the hood. 10-15 of these is all I need. Was thinking some royal blues and whites would work great. I can't seem to find a simple solution unless I am completely missing something.

I do not need this to dim rather just turn on and off. Is there a simple way to know which driver to use for x amount of LEDS? and wire them all in a string? I know I can figure out the heat sink part, I just can't seem to pinpoint some simple instructions without dimmers, controllers, etc. The simpler the better.

If this wasn't a corner tank I would not have to ask :)

Thanks for your help!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calculate the power requirement and get a appropriate psu directly, and put in some current limiting resistors in between. I think there are plenty website to help with deriving the power specs

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back