Need a new stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Krumy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Krumy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
32780
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am new here and have a question for the much more well versed. I bought a used 92 gallon corner tank about a year and a half ago that was used as a reef tank that I then used to keep some bass, gar, and peacocks in while I lived in south florida. When i recently moved, I noticed the base is in rough shape. Several cracks in the stand and it was falling apart. Honestly I am amazed it was still holding the tank up. My question now is, what is the best path forward to either rebuilding the old base or building a new base?

https://bostonreefers.org/forums/in...h-stand-no-scratches-150-wakefield-ma.173888/
I dont have any pictures of the tank on me, but this post has the exact tank and stand that I currently have, I just also have a glass cover for the top of the tank. I have a few sheets of some 3/8" thick acrylic that I could possibly use to reinforce the base, but I am not sure it would be sufficient. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to discussing
 
I think serpa design has a video on making stand or has gone over it multiple time but I don’t know how you could do it with a corner tank. Is the tank a 1/4 of a cylinder because if it is it is going to be hard
 
I think serpa design has a video on making stand or has gone over it multiple time but I don’t know how you could do it with a corner tank. Is the tank a 1/4 of a cylinder because if it is it is going to be hard
That is exactly what it is lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new