Need a NYOS Nitrate Test Kit Cap...

  • Thread starter Thread starter seanarino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seanarino

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2023
Messages
215
Reaction score
70
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a little bit of a silly request. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I was able to buy a NYOS Nitrate Test Kit as part of the Bulk Reef Supply "BRS Test Kit Bundle", but one of the jars came without a lid. Of course, both jars need lids because that's how the test works.

I do not like the NYOS Nitrate Test Kit, honestly. The dropper bottle is too "loose", per se, and dribbles everywhere like a dog with urinary incontinence. I'd rather just ship someone the whole test kit in exchange for something better LOL. I used it one time (read the instructions wrong, oops). I wish the kit costed more so I could just trade up for a Hanna checker or two again... I have the Alkalinity and Phosphate ones, at least!

I also have a very hard time with titration style tests (the Red Sea Calcium and Aquaforest Magnesium specifically). I have shaky hands and it makes it hard to do the 'one drop at a time, shake, one drop, shake" etc. thing. It was the cheaper option in terms of bulk pricing however, and it's accurate enough even if I don't do it "exactly" right.
 
I had the exact same experience with the Nyos nitrate test kit and throw it all away. Get yourself the Hanna Nitrate HR checker and never look back.
 
I had the exact same experience with the Nyos nitrate test kit and throw it all away. Get yourself the Hanna Nitrate HR checker and never look back.
I have a hard time trying to get these Hanna Checkers, honestly! It's funny how expensive they are for a battery, a plastic egg, a pair of little glass vials, and some powder packets / a bottle of liquid.

I wish I didn't have to throw it away though... I'd have wasted (functionally) about ~$27-30! That's quite a lot for me.
 
I had high hopes for the kit and was hoping for accurate results. It took way more time and effort than necessary so in the trash it went.
 
I had high hopes for the kit and was hoping for accurate results. It took way more time and effort than necessary so in the trash it went.
Aw, man. Is the Red Sea Marine Care test kit any good? The multi-test one, that measures both types of ammonia (free and ionized), nitrate, nitrite, pH, and kH.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new