Need a single channel dosing pump? What timer for BRS pump?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thinking about getting the BRS 1.1mL per minute pump. . . but going on a nano tank so only looking to run it for a minute at a time. . . what timer would you recommend? What other single channel pump alternatives would you recommend?

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go the route of the BRS pump, make sure to have a spare tubing for it, they sell the spare part. My pump started to slow it's drip one winter, noticed it when I was away. I replaced the tubing assembly and it went back to working again. The hose stretches out after awhile.

I use a pin style light timer for mine on every 15 minutes for 5 minutes. I would think a digital light timer should work down to a minute.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thinking about getting the BRS 1.1mL per minute pump. . . but going on a nano tank so only looking to run it for a minute at a time. . . what timer would you recommend? What other single channel pump alternatives would you recommend?
I did exactly what you are planning once, but I used a cheapo timer off amazon and it turned into a disaster.
Power surge fired the timer into the on position and dumped almost 1200mls of All For Reef into my 66 gallon. ( started a tank crash resulting in the loss of 10 torch colonies, couple frogspawn and a few encrusting sps and favias.)
Be sure to get a good quality timer, or better yet get a dedicated doser.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calibrate that brs pump. I have 4 for years, but all put out 1.8 to 1.9 ml per min. Reliable pump though, run off apex.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back