need advice for fragging/patching turbinaria sp.

Beonedge

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
47
Reaction score
15
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to alk spike one spot of turbinaria dead . Now its fine but this spot looks ugly . Please advise what course to take :
1)leave coral intact
2)cut it in 2 pieces
1.jpg
3)to cut only affected area (hopefully it will be resurrected) 2.jpg
I planning to use dremel multitool 561. After cutting am I need to dip the coral or not needed?

Thanks in advance :)
 
If you are planning on using a Dremel I would just wait it out.Otherwise I would find a friend or a LFS that could cut it into 2 or 3 pieces for you. A quick iodine dip would be helpful.This coral will slime a lot so be prepared with extra water from the aquarium for rinsing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new