Need advice, lyretail anthias won't eat

Lou Raffael

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up 3 female lyretail anthias and put them in a 20 gallon QT tank which I've had a lot of success with for other fish before going into DT. Next day one of the anthias was dead, but the other two were eating frozen mysis. I've been feeding 2-3 times a day small amounts and since the second day one stopped eating and is very timid. The larger female is dominating the smaller one and has scared it enough to not even try to eat. I don't have another QT to split them up and I'm afraid of ich or any kind of disease that may be in play here so I can't put the healthy one in my DT.

Anyone have experience with two anthias fighting like this, any suggestions to get the smaller one eating again or how to keep the larger from harassing the smaller?

Thanks in advance

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrap of plexiglass to use as a divider?

I had an issue like this in the past, and the best solution I had was to run to the hardware store and pickup a small piece of plexiglass (I had them cut it the exact dimensions at the hardware store).
I drilled a whole bunch of 1/4" holes all over it and propped it up inside the quarantine with the pieces of PVC I keep in there and some plastic clamps.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back