Need advice: moving large acro colonies

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be moving soon, and I have decided I will try to bring my tank with me rather than sell it. I have several large acro colonies (over 8" x 8") and id like some advice on how to transport them without destroying them. I will be moving over 500 miles away.

Thanks in advance.

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me, I would try to pack them as if they were being shipped. The same way they would trans-ship large acro colonies.

Use a full-size styro shipping box and individually pack the colonies with tons of water in heavy duty fish-bags from US Plastics. Heat seal them if you can to prevent leaks.

xroads

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my two headed advice.

One, get new or holding system set up, cycled, stable etc. Them ship them there & hope for the best.

Or

Honestly, cut them up, sell some, give some away, then when you get there, restart with large frags from friends. We all know how they will RTN if you look at them wrong. Now you will be changing flow, temp, parameters, etc. I think it is a recipe for disaster. Not to mention the inevitable cycle you will have from moving tank.

OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really just looking for advice on how to get them there in one piece. Or at least close to one piece.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 29 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 71 41.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 37 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.8%
Back