Need Advice on nursing a small chalice frag back to health.

Layne.Wilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a really expensive small chalice frag that doesn’t even have a mouth yet. Everything else in the tank is happy and growing including my other chalices. This one turned brown and started to die off on one corner. I was fortunately able to get it to stop dying. But I still am looking for as much advice as possible on getting it out of this critical condition one wrong move and it will most likely die. Should I try to spot feed it even though it doesn’t have a mouth. Will it benefit from it at all even if it a little?

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there isn’t a mouth I don’t think it could benefit from feeding (you sure there isn’t a mouth on the rim or just tiny?). I’d give moderate to low light and low or med-low flow at the bottom of the tank and time, don’t touch it. Hopefully it will form a mouth And then you can feed LPS food.

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not recommend feeding it as it could raise the nutrient level in the aquarium and stress it some more. It is hard to say what to do as we need some more information. Give us the lighting and perams of the tank please. Knowing the perams will help a little just in case there is a parameter that is stressing it, but its hard to do anything if its so small and without a mouth. My advice is just leave it and keep a close eye on it, but don't change anything you don't need to change. Leave it out of direct light and medium-low flow. Also can we get picture of it? that could be helpful.

Back