Need Advice on restarting my tank

Runningfanatic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 75 gal tank has done me in...I've had it for 9 years and have had nothing but problems. Dinos, hair algae, cyano...I'm tired of fighting it all and want to start over (btw, my parameters have always been within acceptable ranges). I have a 10 gal nano that I can put my fish and inverts into (I only have a clown, hawk, damsel, and blenny, also hermits and nassarius snails and a tiger sand conch). I do have gsp, zoas, and mushrooms that I'd like to keep, but I don't know what to do with them (the rocks will not fit into my small tank)...My nano is almost 7 months old with a live rock (from original tank) and a couple of mollies. It looks perfect! I want to redo my original 75 gallon tank and am looking for advice on how to accomplish this. Do I strip it all down, remove EVERYTHING, clean it to start over and give up on my softies? I'm lost on what a good protocol would be. Thanks for any advice. I appreciate all I've learned from here.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back