Need Advice

flozfzx1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I am running a 30 gallon reef tank with a hippo tang and a clown fish. I had this tank about 4 years now but the tang i only had 2 years it was a gift from my friend. I really don't want to give the tang away and want to keep it but i know I'm going to have to upgrade. I was looking at 110 gallon tank, I might purchase it pretty soon.

I just need advice how would i do a switch, run the tank at the same time I'm setting up my 110, only thing is my apartment is small, it will probably take some time to cycle the tank also filling it up going to take a few days. Would anyone know if maybe LFS baby sitting fish for a fee ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Currently I am running a 30 gallon reef tank with a hippo tang and a clown fish. I had this tank about 4 years now but the tang i only had 2 years it was a gift from my friend. I really don't want to give the tang away and want to keep it but i know I'm going to have to upgrade. I was looking at 110 gallon tank, I might purchase it pretty soon.

I just need advice how would i do a switch, run the tank at the same time I'm setting up my 110, only thing is my apartment is small, it will probably take some time to cycle the tank also filling it up going to take a few days. Would anyone know if maybe LFS baby sitting fish for a fee ?
Set up the 110 and cycle as you would with a new tank however moving the rock and some of the water will shorten the cycle event. Add liquid bacteria and add a little ammonia chloride if you wish but assure the nitrate and ammonia are holding steady at least 3-5 days and not rising

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not trying to poo poo you but i had a hippo tang in a 120g who was about 4” or more/eventually went to 180g but definitely uses every spot of the tank

Not sure how big yours is

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the current tank is where youd want to put the new one get yourself a couple tubs to hold the livestock while you move the tank somewhere temporary.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back