Need advise on LED lighting selection

terrylai79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I am a very new member here!
I am planning to have my 24 hours lighting system upgraded to LED system soon. I have been looking up different type of LED and the variety of brands any quality level is overwhelming! I need the expert opinion on which LED system is the best for my reef tank. Here is my tank spec:

Current Lighting: 2x metal halide, 4x T5HO, 4x moonlight LED
Corals: Polyps, leather coral, red plate corals (flat), 3x maximus clams (size around 3 inches), 1 large (6 inch) typical clam, 2x sponges, 4x anemones, various large polyps and small polyps, gorgonian, frog spawn and hammer coral, large carpet anemone (8x8 inch).

I would love to have your advise for which LED system is best to replace my 24 hours lighting system in my situation.

I thank you in advance and happy reefing!--Heng

OceanRevive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heng, it might help if you told us how big your tank is?

You want a 24 hour system. Do you want the daylight part to do sunrise/sunset as well?

Do you want fixtures that hang, fixtures that sit on the tank or are they being mounted under a canopy?

I've been using EverGrow (sold by OceanRevive a sponsor here) for 2 years now. I've had zero issues, and have good coral health and growth in my 180g mixed reef (mostly sps and lps).

OP
OP
terrylai79

terrylai79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ops missed out the most important thing! Sorry, my tank size is 84 gallons 48 inch x 24 inch. Hanging or sitting on tank are both options for me. No canopy. Would LED sustain clams? I have a large clam and 2 3 inches Maximus. Thanks :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back