Need Compatible Replacement Algea Eater. (Orchid Dottyback killed Angel)

Brennon D.

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
3
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a fish to replace my dwarf angel. I have a 35 gallon tank. Inhabitants are valentini puffer, 2 blackstorm clownfish, snails, hermit crabs, emerald crabs, & orchid dotty back. My orchid dotty back killed my angel. All fish had a semi aggressive temperament. I never had to clean my pump from hair algae because my angel kept it clean as well as other spots. I am not a fan on Nopox and try to use it as little as possible. But now that the angel is gone I have to remove algae myself. I thought about a Lawnmower Blenny but Im unsure about it. Its the back wall and pump thats place up high I need kept clean. Its a flow swing. I get a little bit of hair algae now that the angels gone he kept my tank almost completely free of it so I never removed or treated for it. If possible I would like a fish that looks nice and is an active swimmer. My dotty back only comes out at night. I never feed it & it was put in to control bristle worms which is all it eats at the moment. I just hope it does not eat all the bristle worms I only wanted to reduce the population.
 
Get yourself a starry blenny and some giant mexican turbos.
My Starry blenny is a punk and in the tank with my other punk purple dottyback. I think the blenny is the meanest fish in the tank
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new