Need equipment recommendations, Help please...

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a fluval m60, an aio 24 gallon tank, and I needed some recommendations for basically everything. Would mostly like a recommendation for a skimmer, some wave makers, and a return pump. For the return pump I am thinking a sicce syncra silent, but I want to have some vivid aquarium random flow generators on it for the nozzle, so should I go with the 1.0 or the 1.5. Any and all replies are welcome, Thank you in advance.

Mooneyhan22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Nero 3 pump I have on my Biocube. Easy to program from your phone. I use 2 of the Hygger mini wave makers to supplement in the corners. Both are small units and look good in a small tank. I use a MJ1200 return pump. I have been thinking of changing to a sicce pump as well so tagging along.

OP
OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I just don't know if the gph on the Sicce Syncra 1.5, which is 357, is too much. Then again if the Sicce Syncra 1 is too small at 251 won't be enough. Keep in mind I wanna add the vivid aquarium random flow generators so just need some advice.

58e970b2-3f88-4897-87ba-5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for clarifying that. We don’t have any of the Fluval M series tanks here, I assumed you were taking about some other piece of equipment since I am fairly framiliar with the names of their tanks available here.
Looks nice. I hope it becomes available in Canada at some point.

You will probably want the Sicce 1.5 for return. 357 gph isn’t that much when you get some rock and stuff in there.
(I haven’t verified the pump fits the tank)

I have a 20 gallon long. 30” x 12” x 12”.
I had two Hydor Koralia Nanos (240 gph each) in it. I would have said I got a mix of low to medium flow with that.

I am currently using a 1300 gph power head. I would say that gives me medium to very high flow.

OP
OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to put in a bta and mostly lps with only a few sps and softies. What's your suggestion on the wavemaker for basically lps dominate mixed reef?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not too familiar with what pumps are available with good anemone guards and how much those reduce output.

Not having had an anemone or sps coral yet I would guess you want 2 other pumps though. At least one of them being controllable so you can get good random flow for the anemone and sps coral. The other just to put on the other side of the tank so you don’t blow everything away trying to get flow over there.

Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in on this.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the Nero 3 pump I have on my Biocube. Easy to program from your phone. I use 2 of the Hygger mini wave makers to supplement in the corners. Both are small units and look good in a small tank. I use a MJ1200 return pump. I have been thinking of changing to a sicce pump as well so tagging along.
What sort of settings are you running your Nero 3 and Hyggers with?

Mooneyhan22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Nero on Pulse 60% to 85%. It is positioned on the left side center towards the top so it breaks the surface. It cuts off twice daily for feed modes. The two hygger pumps are full on and positioned in the back bottom corners to control detritus from settling.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back